sabato 30 giugno 2012

Greyscalegorilla

About Greyscalegorilla
Greyscalegorilla is an active community and resource for training and tools for creative types. We want to make learning more accessible and effective by creating easy-to-follow tutorials and training that show you way more than just what buttons to push. We also work to develop tools to streamline your creative workflow and to help remove tedious and repetitive tasks so you can spend time making great work.

About Nick

Hi, I’m Nick. I grew up a nerd in Detroit, the oldest son of a fireman and a roller skating teacher. In middle school, I won first prize on America’s Funniest Videos with my impression of Edward Scissorhands imitating Michael Jackson. It earned me $10,000, a girlfriend for a week, and, not surprisingly, very few cool points with my friends.

I landed a string of pretty silly jobs as a magic trick-yo-yo salesman, roller skate rink-wedding DJ, and one of those snobby record store employees. My love for audio engineering, Protools, and Macs crossed paths with a short animated film and my new passion for Motion Design was born.

I studied design, film and animation at the Illinois Institute of Art Chicago and ended up at Digital Kitchen Chicago where I worked on TV commercials and title sequences for Target, Dexter and The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien. You can see this work at my personal creative portfolio, CreamyOrange.

While studying and working, I started Greyscalegorilla/blog, a personal blog to talk about design and education. This has quickly become one of the leading sites to learn about motion graphics and 3D software bringing over 20,000 visitors per day. Nutty, right?

In 2009, I left Digital Kitchen to start an iPhone Photo App company and to focus more time creating tutorials and designing products for Greyscalegorilla. You can see my random bloggy-blog stuff at Quick Multiball or watch me pretend to be a musician over at CampbellandMonson. Lately, I’ve been speaking to creative types at places like SXSW, SCAD, OFFF, and Hyper Island about how to end up with a job doing work you love to do.

I work in Chicago where I drink a lot of craft beer, play a lot of pinball, listen to a lot of podcasts and live with my super hot and talented wife.

 Tutorial and more ( cinema 4d and after effects )
GREYSCALEGORILLA

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento